1.5km Solar Electric Fence Energiser with Battery
Newly released new generation of solar energisers from Thunderbird Australia.
Thunderbird’s new Generation Solar Fence Energisers now include the following improvements:
- Magnetic switch eliminates the need for holes through the case
- A.C. Mains charger port is now covered from the weather
- Now available with low and high power levels
- O-Ring sealed enclosure provides superior weather protection
- Supplied with earth and fence leads
- Non corrosive material for solar panel mounting
- Improved efficiency through improved electronics
Model S18B powers up to 1.5 km, ideal for small enclosures
Note that these energisers contain a sealed lead acid battery (SLA). SLA batteries do not like to be stored in a discharged condition. Storing an SLA battery in a discharged state causes sulphation of the negative electrode which, when left for a month or so, basically kills the battery. It cannot be recovered from this state.
Periodically fully charging the battery is essential in preventing this sulphation from occurring.
- Model: S-18B