The Presto Complete Preserving Kit with 12 Bottles HOT SPECIAL
Enter desired quantity before clicking Add to Cart button
- Grand total (Ex Gst):
|Dimensions||Capacity - 23 Quarts (Liquid)|
Ratings and Review service offered by Ozfarmer. To
By submitting any content to Ozfarmer, you represent and warrant that:
- You are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
- All "moral rights" that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
- All content that you post is accurate;
- You are at least 13 years old; and that
- You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
- That is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- That infringes any third party`s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- That violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- That is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- For which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- That includes any information that references other web sites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers; or
- That contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
You agree to indemnify and hold Ballmason Pty Ltd (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers, including but not limited to BallMason Pty Ltd.), harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable attorneys` fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
For any content that you submit, you grant Ballmason Pty Ltd a, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.
By submitting your e-mail address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that Ballmason Pty Ltd and its third party service providers may use your e-mail address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
Report this review.
Presto canner + 6 x Ball Regular Mouth Half Pint jars + 6 x Ball Regular Mouth Pint jars
- A must have for canning vegetables, meats, and fish.
- The easy-to-read gauge automatically registers a complete range of processing pressures.
- Three piece regulator allows you to process at 5psi / 10psi and 15psi. Note that at sea level, normal pressure cooking is done at 15psi but canning/bottling is done at 10psi. Without this regulator you constantly need to monitor the dial gauge to ensure the pressure does not get too high so the regulator allows you to go away and do other things rather than having to constantly monitor the canner. (To use, 15psi = full regulator; 10 psi remove the top ring only; 5 psi remove both rings.)
- Note that canners do not come with a temperature gauge as the temperature is dependent on the pressure and the altitude. At sealevel, using the full 15psi weight, the internal temperature reaches up to 120 degrees, whiilst at 10psi it reaches 115 degrees celcius.
- Air vent/cover lock allows pressure to build up only when the cover is closed properly and prevents the cover from opening until pressure is safely reduced.
- This Presto Pressure Canner also doubles as water bath canners for preserving fruits, jams, jellies, pickles and salsas.
- Constructed of extra-strong, warp-resistant aluminum and suitable for use on regular and smooth-top ranges. Includes cooking/canning rack and complete instruction and recipe book.
- Mason Jar Capacity: 24 Half-Pints, 20 Pints, 7 Quarts.
- Can be used with other tempered preserving jars but we do not recommend recycled supermarket jars (refer our FAQs for more info)
- 12-year limited warranty.
- These cannot be used on induction cooktops and are not recommended for flat/glass stovetops. In the case of the latter, the main reason for the restriction is that a full pressure canner with bottles and produce is very heavy and can cause the cooktop to crack. You may check the weight rating of your cooktop with the manufacturer to satisfy yourself that it can withstand heavy weights. Otherwise, it is recommended that you use a small single gas burner.
- Canners can be used on normal gas stoves. The instructions caution against using outdoor turkey fryers which put out a very high heat that is not easily regulated and which can cause damage to the canner. Such fryers are virtually unknown in Australia.
- Inside diameter approx. 31cm (29cm at the base)
- Inside height approx. 30cm
PACKING NOTE If you purchase additional items these may be packed inside the body of the canner. Please remove the plastic bag and open the canner to check if you appear to be missing some items.
Ball jars will be placed inside the canner. The jars include a 2 piece lid suitable for preserving. If you are new to pressure canning we highly recommend purchasing the Ball Blue Book.
Prestos are not designed to be used as sterilizers. Using them in this manner will void the warranty
STOCK NO. 01781. 23-Quart Liquid Capacity (21.8 liters).
NOTE REGARDING GAS BURNERS
The issue is with any burner, gas or electric, that has a maximum BTU rating over 12,000 BTU's.
The instruction manual states:
To prevent damage to the pressure canner, do not use
on an outdoor LP gas burner or gas range over 12,000
BTU’s. A high BTU burner will soften the canner causing the
bottom to warp. It may also result in property damage
and/or personal injury.
Smaller portable gas burners are acceptable as long as the maximum BTU rating is less than 12,000 BTU's. The problem with the higher BTUs gas stoves (like those often used as oil turkey fryers) occurs when they can not be adjusted to a low enough heat setting to maintain the correct pressure in the canner. Yes, the pressure regulator will rock to vent excess pressure once 15 pounds is present in the canner, but if the heat can not be adjusted to maintain a slow gentle rocking motion then there is a real chance that the canner will warp. If the gas stove is such that it can be adjusted to maintain pressure without the pressure regulator rocking wildly, and if the canner is not left unattended then there should be no problem.
- Views: 29662
- Brand: Presto
- Product Code: Presto Special
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $204.55