12 x Quart Wide Mouth (950ml) Jars Ball Mason with BPA Free Lids
|Dimensions||Size: Width 85mm x Height 165mm|
Ratings and Review service offered by Ozfarmer. To
By submitting any content to Ozfarmer, you represent and warrant that:
- You are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
- All "moral rights" that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
- All content that you post is accurate;
- You are at least 13 years old; and that
- You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
- That is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- That infringes any third party`s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- That violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- That is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- For which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- That includes any information that references other web sites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers; or
- That contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
You agree to indemnify and hold Ballmason Pty Ltd (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers, including but not limited to BallMason Pty Ltd.), harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable attorneys` fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
For any content that you submit, you grant Ballmason Pty Ltd a, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.
By submitting your e-mail address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that Ballmason Pty Ltd and its third party service providers may use your e-mail address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
Report this review.
Ball Mason Wide Mouth Quart Jars and Lids Case of 12 BPA free lid
Ball Wide Mouth Quart (950ml) Glass Preserving Jars are ideal for fresh preserving whole fruits and vegetables like peaches and green beans.
Enjoy homemade pickles year round with the famous Ball Mason glass jars.
At Ozfarmer Australia we find the wide mouth quart jars to be a very handy size and after regular mouth pints, we consider it to be the "must have" jar for preserving. They are perfect for summer stone fruit; halves or whole straight into the jar, as well as for pears and apples, preserved lemons, and much more. We prefer wide mouth quarts for our chunky soups and casseroles when we pressure can because not only is it easier to get the food into the jar, the clean up for messy foods is much easier if you can get your hand right into the jar. They are also an ideal size to make homemade yoghurt: incubate it in the jar and then pop a plastic storage lid on top to store in the fridge.
Ball bottles can be used wherever you might otherwise have used Fowlers Vacola bottles: they fit inside Fowlers Vacola stove top and electric units, as well as in the new Kensington Food Preserver. They can also be used in pressure canners, with the advantage that you can double stack them on top of each other as the lid is flat (you need to put in a rack or something flat if you are trying to stack Fowlers Vacola bottles due to the clips on top).
Aside from being a lot easier to use: all you have to do when preserving is make sure the top rim of the jar is clean and clear of food debris, place the flat lid on top of the jar and then screw on the band finger tight. The bottle is then ready for processing. After the food has cooled, you can check for a seal and you can store without the screw band which can then be reused for processing other jars. Some people prefer to leave the band on for aesthetic reasons. If you do this, it is advisable to remove the band, thoroughly clean around the bottle and then replace the band to reduce the chance of corrosion.
Replacement lids with the inbuilt seal cost about the same as a replacement packet of Fowlers Vacola seals so in the long run, these are very cost effective and so easy to use.
How to Store:
Enjoy Now - refrigerate up to 3 weeks
Fresh Preserve - store up to 1 year
12 Ball Wide Mouth Glass Preserving Jars
12 Ball Wide Mouth Lid with Bands
Note that the lid is now BPA free. Lids are not stainless steel. Hand wash lids only. Do not put in dishwasher. Dry thoroughly immediately after use to avoid corrosion.
Wide mouth jars are especially suitable for fruit and vegetables as this gives you more room to get the items into the jar.
For fresh preserving follow a tested preserving recipe such as those found in the Ball Blue Book Guide to Preserving
- Views: 68883
- Brand: Ball Mason Jars
- Product Code: Quart WM Case
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $34.50