Whether you are a beginner or consider yourself a connoisseur, the Bedford Cheese Shop's A First Course in Cheese provides you with everything you need to know about how to choose, taste, pair, and enjoy the rich, delicious, and varied types of cheeses from around the world. With stunning imagery throughout, you'll learn:
- The science of the cheese-making process.
- The many different and best types of cheeses available, from cheddar, gouda, mozzarella, chevre and more
- How to best pair cheese with beverages and other foods
- The different aging environments and why they matter to a cheese lover
- Tools of the trade and proper storage notes
- Delicious recipes for hard and soft cheeses alike
- Detailed information about regions, composition, and much more
Once you've taken this first course, you will never feel intimidated by the vast selection at your local cheesemonger again, as you are armed with the knowledge that you're going to walk home with the perfect cheese in hand.
Book By Charlotte Kamin, Nathan McElroy