Draminski Mastitis Tester 1Q
It is agreed internationally that conductivity of milk is an early, and often accurate, indication of an udder infection. The Draminski electronic mastitis tester is used by dairy farmers around the world and it is a well-proven and extremely reliable device indicating foremilk conductivity and consequent subclinical mastitis.
With Draminski the higher the conductivity reading the healthier the milk. Readings above 300 generally can be taken to indicate a healthy uninfected quarter and under 250 to be suspected subclinical mastitis.
But remember- no conductivity meter gives absolute readings of healthy or unhealthy quarters or of cell counts. Readings can only be used as inter-quarter comparisons. Four quarters with low but consistent readings may be perfectly normal and healthy.
Watch out for different quarters. If the variation between quarters is greater than about 50 then care should be taken to either treat the quarter or to at least monitor it to identify any deterioration.
- portable and easy to use device that allows for the production of top quality milk,
- ergonomic design with an easily accessible on off switch and luminous display in low light
- helps to detect an early stage of illness without visible symptoms (Mastitis Subclinica),
- detects medical condition separately for each quarter, displaying the difference between quarters and pointing to the one with the greatest risk from mastitis,
- allows for effective prevention through fast udder condition monitoring,
- accelerates the decision about treatment and shortens grace period,
- reduces the costs of keeping the herd in good health condition,
- reduces financial losses related to production of milk,
- does not require using any chemicals
- investment for years
The detector measures changes in the electrical resistance of milk, as development of sub-clinical mastitis (asymptomatic stage) is accompanied by an increase in salt levels in milk, which involves a change in the resistance. This rule is considered to be the most reliable indirect test in diagnosing Mastitis Subclinica.
The test is very simple:
- you need to milk the first portion of milk directly from the teat to measuring cup
- press the button to read the result
- pour out the milk and repeat the steps for other quarters
- Stock: 50
- Model: 204447
- MPN: 35395