H-Trap Horsefly March Fly Trap Chemical Free
|Dimensions||1.20 m middle diameter, height above the ground is 1.95 m|
Ratings and Review service offered by Ozfarmer. To
By submitting any content to Ozfarmer, you represent and warrant that:
- You are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
- All "moral rights" that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
- All content that you post is accurate;
- You are at least 13 years old; and that
- You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
- That is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- That infringes any third party`s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- That violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- That is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- For which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- That includes any information that references other web sites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers; or
- That contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
You agree to indemnify and hold Ballmason Pty Ltd (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers, including but not limited to BallMason Pty Ltd.), harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable attorneys` fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
For any content that you submit, you grant Ballmason Pty Ltd a, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.
By submitting your e-mail address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that Ballmason Pty Ltd and its third party service providers may use your e-mail address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
Report this review.
The females of most species of March fly take a blood meal after inflicting a painful bite with their piercing mouthparts. They can be annoyingly persistent when attempting to bite. The adults of both sexes feed on nectar and plant juices.
March flies can be a serious pest to:
- domestic animals
March flies breed in places such as:
- damp soil
- rotting vegetation
- rot holes in trees.
Their lifecycle from egg to adult can take months or years depending on the species and soil temperature.
Adults generally live for 3 to 4 weeks.
Adult March flies are most active in daylight during the warmer months, particularly on calm, sunny days.
In the tropics, they may continue to be active through the drier winter months.
March flies are not known to transmit diseases to humans or livestock in Australia.
Their bite, however, can cause serious allergic reactions in some people which may require hospitalisation.
Livestock can suffer severe blood loss from repeated biting and the wounds can become infected. Animals can become so stressed by the biting that they won't come out of shelter to graze, causing them to lose condition.
Some species can produce serious symptoms in some people, including:
- in severe cases, anaphylaxis (severe allergic reactions).
The H-Trap is a chemical free way to control march flies.
It is generally not possible to control march flies using large scale pesticide applications.
This is due to the extensive size of their breeding areas and their ability to travel long distances.
The H-trap is designed to be placed outdoors, where it works without the need for chemicals or electricity.
Extensive independent trials have shown a reduction of 90-95% in horse fly numbers in areas protected by the H-trap can be realized.
The horse flies are ‘tricked’ into mistaking the centrally placed black ball in the H-trap as a large animal, such as your horse. Like the body of the horse, the ball emits heat which attract them to it.
Once they position on the black ball, they will investigate it and try to sting it. Since they will be unsuccessful in gaining their desired blood feed, they will follow their natural behaviour and fly away.
Horse flies naturally fly upwards, into the overhanging hood system, where they are guided into a centrally placed collection bin. This is filled with water and they die in the trap.
How to get the best out of your H-trap:
- To maximise interception of horseflies before they reach their target prey, identify their likely flight paths from damp areas (ponds, riverbanks, etc) to where humans or animals congregate. fessional horsefly control system
- Decide if more than one H-trap is required*
- Position your H-trap(s) between these areas, but closer to places where animals congregate eg. stable yards. Always place the trap in an open area, ideally in direct sun and away from shade.
- Place your H-traps early, preferably just before the first adult horseflies emerge in September. Professional horsefly control system
- Check traps weekly, emptying and topping up with soapy water as necessary.
- If the H-trap is not catching sufficient numbers of flies, and you are sure adult emergence has started, reposition the trap.
*required H-traps in the field
– max. up to 5 horses or
– 10.000 m2 (100 x 100 m)
- User Friendly Set-Up
- Single leg for easy grounds keeping
- Anti-rotation ground anchor
- Weather Resistant Design
- Hot zinc dipped steel frame
- UV proof green conical hood
- UV proof collection bin
3 part pipe stand including an anti rotation anchor
Nuts and bolts
Wrenches for assembly
Part is shipped in pieces and needs minor assembly on site. A hammer or ground drill is needed to drive the base pipe into the ground.
- Views: 91
- Brand: Imported
- Product Code: H-TRAP
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $317.27
Tags: h-trap horsefly march fly trap, best fly traps for horses, best horse fly trap, fly trap ball, fly traps for horse stables, h trap horsefly, horse fly attractant, horse fly catcher, horse fly trap, horse fly trap black ball, horse fly traps for sale, horse pal fly trap, march fly trap