Walkease Early Intervention Hoof Treatment
Ratings and Review service offered by Ozfarmer. To
By submitting any content to Ozfarmer, you represent and warrant that:
- You are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
- All "moral rights" that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
- All content that you post is accurate;
- You are at least 13 years old; and that
- You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
- That is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- That infringes any third party`s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- That violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- That is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- For which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- That includes any information that references other web sites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers; or
- That contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
You agree to indemnify and hold Ballmason Pty Ltd (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers, including but not limited to BallMason Pty Ltd.), harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable attorneys` fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
For any content that you submit, you grant Ballmason Pty Ltd a, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.
By submitting your e-mail address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that Ballmason Pty Ltd and its third party service providers may use your e-mail address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
Report this review.
Walkease (pronounced "walkies") is a revolutionary hoof repair block. Walkease has been created as an early-intervention hoof claw prosthetic. It is not intended to replace other conventional claw shoes currently on the market.
The Walkease block is made from flexible EVA material that is soothing for the cow to walk on. The greatest advantage of the Walkease is its speed and ease of application.
The Starter Kit comprises 10 Walkease blocks, a tube of special Walkease superglue, a Shoof hoof rasp and 10 pairs of latex gloves; all packed in a useful resealable plastic container. For further use extra 10-packs of blocks and extra glue are available.
A practical first-purchase is the mixed sizes starter kit This has blocks as follows: 3 x small 3 x medium and 4 x large. This will allow you to determine the preferred block size for your herd.
Walkease blocks can be used either way up so suit both left and right claws. Work with lame cows has shown that elevating the heel more than the toe transfers the weight forward relieving load on the more sensitive heel area which leads to a quicker hoof recovery. The wedge blocks are shaped to allow this to happen. The block should stay on from 7-14 days which is generally long enough for the treated claw to have made a recovery. For more seriously affected claws that have had invasive treatment we recommend use of our other listed claw and hoof shoes. (eg Cowslips)
Procedure for use is:
1. Treat the damaged claw as required.
2. Use the hoof rasp to clean and level the healthy claw.
3. Apply glue sparingly to both the hoof and the Walkease block. (Max 2ml).
4. Press the block onto the hoof for about 10 seconds.
5. Immediately release the leg for the cow to put weight on the Walkease. (This part is most important)
- Views: 16235
- Brand: Farming Supplies
- Product Code: 212102
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $94.09