provides an in-depth guide to horse care under conditions unique to Australia and New Zealand. It is written in an easy-to-read style to appeal to novices as well as experienced owners and covers all aspects of horse care and management.
This edition provides the latest information on new feeds and supplements, techniques for handling horses, safe riding, and treating injuries, diseases, worms and other pests. The book also incorporates the latest standards and guidelines for the welfare of horses.
- Illustrated with colour, black & white photographs and line drawings
- Covers all aspects of horse care and handling
- Includes advice on buying, selling and leasing horses
- Gives expert guidance on first aid, health and nutrition
- Discusses facilities for large and small properties
- Provides guidelines on transportation and welfare
- Looks at employment prospects and training in the horse industry