Cowslips - Cattle Hoof Protectors
Cowslips are a prosthetic device to treat lameness in cows and are like an artificial hoof which helps provide relief of load bearing on the damaged hoof, thus allowing healing to occur.
Before fitting a Cowslip the hoof should be lifted and cleaned and the cause of the lameness determined. (A Cowslip should not be applied until the damaged hoof area is identified as accidental application to the
damaged claw could exacerbate the injury.)
Instructions for application are as follows:
1. After ascertaining and treating the injured claw clean and trim the healthy claw until the Cowslip is a good fit.
2. Wipe the claw with acetone or methylated spirits if required to dry it completely.
3. Mix the liquid and powder ingredients in the Cowslip until consistent.
4. Press the Cowslip firmly onto the healthy claw. Tap the toe firmly to ensure the fit is tight.
5. Leave the foot raised for 2-3 minutes to ensure glue is set then lower to a load-bearing position for another 2-3 minutes. The cow can then be released.
The Cowslip will slough-off of its own accord in two or three weeks by which time the affected claw should have recovered.
Use the Cowslip Original for all regular-size cows. Plus for large and heavy cows and X-Large for very large and heavy animals.
The Original and Large Cowslips can be purchased as singles; in 4 and 10 packs which can either be all left, all right or a mixed pack.
The X-Large size is only available in a mixed 4 pack and not as singles or 10 packs.
Sorry express postage is not available for these items.
- Model: 211593
- Dimensions: 10.00cm x 10.00cm x 1.00cm
- MPN: 211593