Simcro Sekurus Vaccinator Safety Injector
Ratings and Review service offered by Ozfarmer. To
By submitting any content to Ozfarmer, you represent and warrant that:
- You are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
- All "moral rights" that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
- All content that you post is accurate;
- You are at least 13 years old; and that
- You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
- That is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- That infringes any third party`s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- That violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- That is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- For which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- That includes any information that references other web sites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers; or
- That contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
You agree to indemnify and hold Ballmason Pty Ltd (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers, including but not limited to BallMason Pty Ltd.), harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable attorneys` fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
For any content that you submit, you grant Ballmason Pty Ltd a, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.
By submitting your e-mail address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that Ballmason Pty Ltd and its third party service providers may use your e-mail address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
Report this review.
↵SEKURUS is a world first, 'self tenting' safety injector. It was developed in New Zealand by SIMCRO for the delivery of Bopriva, Pfizer Animal Health's new vaccine for bulls. The injector has, however, widespread potential for other animals and other applications.
The process of administering pharmaceutical products to animals of all shapes and sizes can be dangerous for both the person involved and the animal. Add to this the fact that many routine pharmaceutical products used in animal health can sometimes be dangerous to humans and you see why operator safety becomes paramount.
Patented self-tenting needle guard and two step mechanism.
Traditionally, operators have had to use one hand to hold an injector while grasping a fold of the animal's skin with the other hand to prepare or "tent" it for the injection. This action risks self injection by accident because one hand is so close to the injection site.
With SEKURUS, all the operator has to do is activate the trigger with one hand and press the SEKURUS injector against the animal's skin. The injector’s needle guard automatically 'tents' or grabs the animal's skin prior to the injection.
This one-handed application results in a safer and quicker injection process.
An important safety feature was the ability to remove and replace needles through SEKURUS's front aperture as compared to that of a standard injector. The 'self-tenting' shroud doubles as a needle protector and needle spanner.
The needle shroud protects the needle and reduces needle breakage. Broken needles can accidentally enter the food chain and pose a risk for humans. They also cause discomfort to the animal concerned.
This shroud can quickly be released and used as a spanner to unlock the existing needle for disposal after usage. The operator never has to touch the needle directly.
Precise delivery of vaccine
SEKURUS maximises the efficacy of the vaccine because it ensures accurate and reliable needle placement. The vaccine is only released when it is placed at the correct depth within the animal's skin.
Users can save money by only administering the correct dosage in exactly the correct location. If this is done, the pharmaceutical product will have the maximum effect.
Using traditional devices the drug is released using human judgment. Sometimes the needle is too deep and sometimes it is too shallow. Using SEKURUS the operator gets the drug placement correct each and every time.
Humane treatment of animals
Animals can suffer bruising from injections if the needle is incorrectly or roughly placed. This is obviously uncomfortable for the animal and can sometimes become an issue in the food chain if infection sets in.
SEKURUS's patented mechanism ensures the needle is placed accurately to the correct depth to avoid bruising the animal and causing it unnecessary stress.
SEKURUS is the product of extensive research and development and product trials. Its unique design and durability gives the operator better control while injecting, a more comfortable grip, and ensures the operator to vaccinate more animals per hour with less stress and fatigue compared with current vaccinating equipment.
SEKURUS's mechanism and lightweight, yet robust, construction means that less physical pressure is required to administer the injection.This makes it easier for people with smaller hands and less hand strength to administer injections.
The vaccinator uses 16g x 1/2" needles: 3 are included and extras can be purchased separately.
A spare parts kit is available to keep your vaccinator working in peak condition.
- Views: 8083
- Brand: Farming Supplies
- Product Code: 213542
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $145.91