Kefir Culture Freeze Dried for Fermented Drinks x 2 Sachets
Kefir culture freeze dried x 2 sachets
Kefir is a popular and delicious fermented drink, using bacteria and yeast, which is healthy and great for you. It can taste like a liquid yoghurt drink and be flavoured with fruit or other flavourings of your choice.
This Kefir Culture contains 7 bacteria strains and 1 yeast strain:
- Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris
- Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis
- Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis biovar diacetylactis
- Bifidobacterium species
- Candida colliculosa
Store culture in freezer. Each sachet can be used for culturing 1 L of milk, soy, juice or coconut water. Each sachet can be recultured up to 2 times.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- To do this, save 1/4 cup of kefir from your previous batch then add it to 1 litre of milk or juice. Cover the jar and allow it to sit at room temperature for 24 hours or until set.
- Ball quart jars are the perfect size for making up batches of kefir
Difference between Kefir Grains and Kefir Culture
- Kefir grains are a live mixture of the bacteria and yeast + a milk/sugar mixture (they look a bit like small clumps of cauliflower). They need constant feeding and need to live in the milky/sugary mixture to stay alive.
- Kefir culture is the dehydrated and dried, shelf stable (at low temperatures) bacteria found in this mixture. An extract basically, so it can last longer and provide a kit for you to use at home. The culture still holds all the great benefits of the Kefir grains, just in a different form.
- Stock: 52
- Model: 72997
- MPN: 72997