Practical Self Sufficiency: An Australian Guide To Sustainable Living
- Model: 9781740332033
Practical Self-Sufficiency: An Australian Guide To Sustainable Living
AUTHOR: STRAWBRIDGE DICK & JAMES
Practical Self Sufficiency is a wonderfully useful and accessible title that contains something for absolutely everyone!
This guide offers clear step by step advice and contains:
- The most up to date and comprehensive information on sustainable living.
- Full page artworks, showing how to use every kind of plot for self sufficient living.
- Instructions on how to grow your own herbs, fruits and vegetables.
- Water saving tips – perfect for drought affected areas.
- Instructions on how to make a wormery, build a chicken coop, install solar panels, build a wind turbine, make cheese, jams and breads, brew beer, make soap, weave with willow and the list goes on!
This fully updated guide offers clear step-by-step information in classic DK style and offers a greater focus on the issues surrounding sustainable living for those living in urbanised parts of Australia (approximately half the population) and 'living small'. With practical advice on reducing your carbon footprint, growing and making your own, community gardening, design options for energy saving and retrofitting, and doing more with less.
Written by experienced and passionate eco-livers Dick and James Strawbridge, this title is comprehensive, inclusive and contemporary and is set to become the definitive guide of its kind.
Perfectly adapted for the Australian market and ideal for everyone in urban, suburban or rural areas - becoming self-sufficient has never been more topical, more practical or more fun!