This Australian made Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Electric Preserving Unit allows you to preserve food with the ease and convenience of a Automatic thermostatically controlled electric unit.
These high quality stainless steel electric preservers have a fresh new design but are still proven performers all around the world because they are safe, reliable and long lasting. They have an indicator light, water level gauge, heat resistant knobs, easy lift safety handles and a lockable lid.
- Australian Made! Specially made for Ozfarmer by a well known Australian manufacturer.
- FULL Stainless Steel body
- Top quality – Chrome plated brass tap body
- Durable & low maintenance – polished stainless steel with welded joints for superior corrosion resistance and effortless cleaning.
- FULL AUTO Temperature control – “simmerstat” has variable settings, plus Hi and Low for greater control over the hot water.
- Temperature range 30 - 100 degrees marked in 10 degree gradations
- The boiling water safety – cut-out switch turns off the power if the unit boils dry and non-drip tap prevents accidents and mess. NO expensive element repairs!
- The perfect unit for quick and easy preserving! – Indicator light, water level gauge, heat-resistant knobs and HEAVY DUTY lifting handles.
- Covered element
- Suitable for use with all heat tempered preserving bottles including Ball Mason jars, Bormioli Rocco Quattro Stagioni jars and Fowlers Vacola jars.
20 L Capacity
- 4 quart /litre size bottles
- 12 pint / size 20, 27 bottles
30 L Capacity
- 8 -9 quart /litre size bottles
- 12 - 13 pint / size 20, 27 bottles
- 5 half gallon / 2 litre size bottles
- Fruit Preserving and bottling
- Sterilising / Pasteurising
- Hot water Tea / Coffee
- Electric preserver
- Rack: note rack is designed to separate layers of jars but can be used on bottom to keep jars off the base if desired but it does not cover the full width of the unit
- 1 year Australian warranty (Electrical unit only)
20L: 470mm high, 300mm diameter. Inner height from internal base to rim 31cm (recommended maximum jar height 25cm)
30L: 620mm high, 300mm diameter. Inner height from internal base to rim 42cm
Ozfarmer Australia recommend Ball Mason preserving jars. Ball Mason bottle is simple to use they don't have any tricky rings or clips. This is a real bonus for those with sore fingers or hands! The lid incorporates a seal which has been extensively tested in its country of origin, the USA, and has been proven as a quality seal that rarely fails.
You will even notice this when you open a new empty jar that has not been heat processed. Not only are these jars easy to use, they look very attractive.
We highly recommend the Ball Blue Book, considered to be the "preserving bible" around the world. This book has lots of very useful information about preserving, including other types of preserving such as pressure canning, freezing and dehydrating. With over 500 recipes its a must for the beginner to the expert.
Find out more information about preserving at our Ozfarmer forum which unites other people interested in preserving and self sufficiency helping you to make the most of your valuable purchase! If you are just starting out, you can find no better place to start. We also stock a full range of accessories and entire starter kits so you can hit the ground running.