Includes 6 Green Heritage Quart Jars
Note: picture shows the standard 15psi regulator but the Ozfarmer custom option replaces this regulator with the superior 3 piece regulator.
Imported directly from the Presto factory and custom made for Ozfarmer we proudly present the Presto Pressure Canner & Cooker.
In the USA bottling is called canning and this unit is a common household item there.
It can be used to bottle fruit on the stove top and is considered to be the only safe way to bottle non-acidic foods such as vegetables as well as meat fish soups and sauces.
- A must-have for canning vegetables, meats, and fish.
- The easy-to-read gauge automatically registers a complete range of processing pressures.
- Three piece regulator allows you to process at 5psi / 10psi and 15psi. Note that at sea level, normal pressure cooking is done at 15psi but canning/bottling is done at 10psi. Without this regulator, you constantly need to monitor the dial gauge to ensure the pressure does not get too high so the regulator allows you to go away and do other things rather than having to constantly monitor the canner. (To use, 15psi = full regulator; 10 psi remove the top ring only; 5 psi remove both rings.)
- Air vent/cover lock allows pressure to build up only when the cover is closed properly and prevents the cover from opening until pressure is safely reduced.
- This Presto Pressure Canner also doubles as water bath canners for preserving fruits, jams, jellies, pickles, and salsas.
- Constructed of extra-strong, warp-resistant aluminum and suitable for use on regular and smooth-top ranges. Includes cooking/canning rack and complete instruction and recipe book.
- Jar Capacity: 24 x Half-Pints / 240ml, 20 x Pints / 500ml, 7 x Quarts / 1000ml, 4 x Half Gallon / 2 Litre.
- Can be used with other tempered preserving jars but we do not recommend recycled supermarket jars (refer our FAQs for more info)
- 12-year limited warranty.
- These cannot be used on induction cooktops and are not recommended for flat/glass stovetops. In the case of the latter, the main reason for the restriction is that a full pressure canner with bottles and product is very heavy and can cause the cooktop to crack. You may check the weight rating of your cooktop with the manufacturer to satisfy yourself that it can withstand heavy weights. Otherwise, it is recommended that you use a small single gas burner.
- Inside diameter approx. 31cm (29cm at the base)
- Inside height approx. 30cm
Prestos are not designed to be used as sterilizers. Using them in this manner will void the warranty
The Heritage Green Quart jars included with this order will be packed inside the canner. They are safe to use in the pressure canner or just for decorative purposes if you prefer. The glass is green and not painted. More info here
STOCK NO. 01781. 23-Quart Liquid Capacity (21.8 liters).
Californian Residents Warning Explanation: here