Tubbease Horse Sock
The Tubbease horse sock is an excellent way to treat horse hoof injuries and diseases such as abscesses, thrush, seedy toe, thin sole, cracks and fissures and general deterioration of the hoof.
Tubbease was developed by Shoof International Ltd following the development of the concept by local farrier Erin Hampson-Tindale.
Erin was trying to solve the problem of how to soak or poultice a hoof without 'stewing' it - as happened much of the time with other regular water-proof boots. With Tubbease, a variety of treatments, poultices or bandages can be applied with the hoof, or liquid treatment* can simply be poured in or over the whole sock once it is on the hoof. The 'breathability' of the Tubbease sock allows the liquid to enter and soak the hoof, but then also to drain and dry out.
*An easily-concocted remedy is two tablespoons of zinc-sulplate (available at vet or chemist) mixed into one litre of water. Epsom salts is another option. Apply as pictured.
NB: Tubbease should always be secured with the Velcro strap supplied. A bandage is not suitable or adequate. Replacement straps are available.
More information about Tubbease can be found here.
- Developed in conjuction with a farrier trying to solve the problem of treating horse hooves without stewing them
- Allows the hoof to breathe naturally whilst still protecting and soaking the damaged hoof
- Quick and easy to apply without the need for dressing and tape
- A treatment solution for a large variety of common hoof ailments
- The tubbease sock can be used over other hoof dressings to provide additional cleanliness and protection in muddy conditions
- Optional EVA sole inserts provide an additional layer of comfort for sensitive soles and help to prolong the life of the Tubbease sock
- Takes the stress out of hoof treatment: the Tubbease sock can be easily applied regardless of user experience or ability
Dimension is the internal diameter of Tubbease: please choose the colour that equates to the size you need.
Tubbease Hoof Socks are not enduring boots. They are for short-term use in confined enclosures by restrained animals. Judgment should be exercised.
- Model: 221162