Preserving Vegetables The Ultimate Guide by Angi Schneider
- Model: 9781645670094
Practical Methods and Recipes for Creating a Treasure Trove of Preserved Foods!
When veggies are at their peak of the season, this preserving compendium covering nearly every vegetable is your one-stop source. Brimming with 100 recipes, beautiful full-page colour images, step-by-step preservation methods and handy reference charts, this foolproof guide will help you master canning & pickling, fermenting, dehydrating and freezing the most common garden produce.
Angi guides you through the basics of each preservation method, then shares an A to Z guide to preserving common garden vegetables, from asparagus to zucchini and everything in between. Each veggie’s chapter includes Angi’s growing tips, a reference chart and at least one recipe for each preservation method starring that vegetable.
Whether you want to become a more self-sufficient household, reduce food waste for a greener planet or make the most of the fresh produce you have on hand, see how easy and fun it is to fill your pantry with preserved foods your family will be excited to eat.
In The Ultimate Guide to Preserving Vegetables you’ll learn…
- How to preserve vegetables by canning, dehydrating, fermenting, and freezing
- How to use all the edible parts of the vegetables so you can grow or buy less
- How to grow your own vegetables and what varieties are best for preserving
- How to pick perfectly ripe vegetables at the farmer’s market or grocery
- How to safely use a pressure canner to preserve shelf stable vegetables for your family
- When you really need to blanch vegetables before freezing or dehydrating, and when you don’t
- How to preserve vegetables as food and not just ingredients to make food
- To create tasty preserved food that your family and friends will love