53mm Twist Top Lids
Ratings and Review service offered by Ozfarmer. To
By submitting any content to Ozfarmer, you represent and warrant that:
- You are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
- All "moral rights" that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
- All content that you post is accurate;
- You are at least 13 years old; and that
- You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
- That is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- That infringes any third party`s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- That violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- That is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- For which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- That includes any information that references other web sites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers; or
- That contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
You agree to indemnify and hold Ballmason Pty Ltd (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers, including but not limited to BallMason Pty Ltd.), harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable attorneys` fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
For any content that you submit, you grant Ballmason Pty Ltd a, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.
By submitting your e-mail address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that Ballmason Pty Ltd and its third party service providers may use your e-mail address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
Report this review.
Packet of size 53mm Twist Top Lids
Recycle your supermarket-bought bottles and jars!
Please note that colour of the lids may not match the stock on hand. Most lids are black or gold. You must specify if you require a particular colour as we do not hold all colours on hand at all times.
1 packet of size 53mm screw top lids. Available in packs of 10, 25 and 50.
These fit a range of small to medium jars.
Ordinary jars that you buy at the supermarket for products as diverse as olives to sauces to pickles, from brands such as IXL, HomeBrand and Raguletto can be recycled for preserving use..
Safe preserving requires new lids for a more reliable seal, and for a vacuum to be achieved when processing and you will often read that normal jars are not suitable for the purpose. This is because the seal on the bottom of the lid can deteriorate through acids in the food or just due to being stored for a period of time.
This problem is overcome by using new lids.
The button on the "Pop Top" lids acts as a vacuum guide, if the "pop top" does not stay down straight after cooling you do not have a safe seal, and you should refrigerate the product and eat it soon.
These 53mm lids do not have a "Pop Top", but there is a clear indication of the vacuum, with a slight concave appearance of the lid when the seal has been successful. If the bottle has not sealed successfully it will have a flat appearance. A useful way to test is to put the straight edge of a ruler on top of the lid: with a good seal it will not sit flush on the lid.
NOTE: whilst new lids assist in giving a better seal, note that the jars are still not heavy duty preserving bottles made of tempered glass. Therefore, we only recommend using twist top lids for jams, sauces, pickles and chutneys that only requiring processing times of 10 -15 minutes. Longer processing times and more exposure to heat risk bottle breakages.
Many well-known products are sold in industry ‘standard’ size twist top jars. These sizes typically are:
38 mm lids to suit 32 mm openings
48 mm lids to suit 40 mm openings
53 mm lids to suit 46 mm openings
58 mm lids to suit 50 mm openings
63 mm lids to suit 57 mm openings
70 mm lids to suit 64 mm openings
83 mm lids to suit 76 mm openings.
These new lids fit twist top jars from a range of food manufacturers
The best way to measure what size lid you will need is to measure your old lids. Turn the lid over, and measure from the inside edge across the widest point of the lid to the inside edge on the other side.
Please note that colour of the lids may not match the stock on hand. Most lids are black or gold.
Hand wash only. Do not put in dishwasher. Dry thoroughly immediately after use to avoid corrosion.
- Views: 22844
- Brand: General
- Product Code: 5310
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $3.18