Natural Farming: A Practical Guide by Pat Coleby
Ratings and Review service offered by Ozfarmer. To
By submitting any content to Ozfarmer, you represent and warrant that:
- You are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
- All "moral rights" that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
- All content that you post is accurate;
- You are at least 13 years old; and that
- You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
- That is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- That infringes any third party`s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- That violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- That is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- For which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- That includes any information that references other web sites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers; or
- That contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
You agree to indemnify and hold Ballmason Pty Ltd (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers, including but not limited to BallMason Pty Ltd.), harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable attorneys` fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
For any content that you submit, you grant Ballmason Pty Ltd a, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.
By submitting your e-mail address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that Ballmason Pty Ltd and its third party service providers may use your e-mail address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
Report this review.
Natural Farming carries a simple but widely overlooked message: healthy soil makes healthy plants, which in turn make healthy animals and healthy people. The book explores the consequences in the soil of applications of superphosphate and other artificial fertilisers over decades, and explains soil chemistry in terms that every farmer can understand. It describes the exact role of each mineral and vitamin, both in the soil and in the body. And it explains how to prevent expensive disease outbreaks and minimise the use of costly artificial sprays and fertilisers.
The prescriptions are simple and can be applied to any farming enterprise market gardens, orchards, broadacre crops and pasture to restore the natural balance and fertility of the land, improve soil health, and increase productivity. The book is enlivened with accounts of spectacular successes in regenerating degraded land and curing animals that, in many cases, had been given up for dead.
Natural Farming is an essential handbook for any farmer, with detailed information on:
understanding a soil analysis; establishment and management of pasture; treatment of compacted soil and erosion; alternatives to artificial fertilisers, herbicides, and pesticides; the significance of weeds; strategies for drought; diagnosis of diseases and deficiencies in stock; remedies for common diseases, including Johne's disease and immune-system disorders; and rearing orphan animals.
Natural Farming equips the farmer to get the best from the land using environmentally sustainable methods that save time, expense, and worry — and to supply the rising global demand for pure food.
- Views: 50
- Brand: Sunstate
- Product Code: 9781920769192
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $30.86